Welcome to the June 2019 newsletter of EIP Water, the European Innovation Partnership.
We expect more than 500 innovators heading to Zaragoza, Spain in December for our EU Water Innovation conference 2019. Aiming to accelerate action to tackle water pollution and enhance EU preparedness to water-related climate change impacts, Zaragoza follows in the footsteps of previous EIP Water conference hosts Porto, Leeuwarden, Barcelona and Brussels.
The European Commission aims to raise awareness about the need and urgency to improve water management across the European Union towards a water-smart society. This high-level event will feed innovators minds with best practices and innovative approaches at technical, governance and policy levels; as well as provide policy insights on the latest developments on the Fitness-check of EU Water Policy, the EU Climate Adaptation Strategy, Horizon 2020 and Horizon Europe.
Now is the time to register for free to participate in the conference on 12 December, to plan your travel, and to propose side meetings to be held on 11 December. A full and interesting agenda will expect you. #EUWIC
The EIP Water secretariat.
The EU Water Innovation Conference 2019 is scheduled for Thursday, December 12 2019. The conference will take place in the Palacio de Congresos de Zaragoza, Spain, and will start at 10:00 am.
Aim – and what you can expect
To raise awareness about the need and urgency to improve water management across the European Union towards a water-smart society, take stock of key European Commission’s findings based on the 2019 Fitness Check of EU Water Law and of research and innovation results and outcomes, and promote exchange of best practices and innovative approaches at technical, governance and policy levels.
Participants can expect to:
1. Hear the direction the European Commission is taking in its water, climate change and research and innovation policies;
2. Learn the lessons of experienced water innovators in Europe;
3. Gain insight into the regulatory and financial framework, partnerships and how to successfully establish innovation;
4. Network with potential collaboration partners;
5. Get to know the funding and financial instruments available.
A first draft of the agenda and the first speakers can be found here.
How to get involved
Those interested in participating in the EU Water Innovation Conference 2019 should:
• Save the date
• Register as a conference participant here.
• Reflect on and take action for organizing a side meeting on December 11. More details are provided here.
• Support promotion and news about the conference on Twitter using #EUWIC as the official conference hashtag.
The EU Water Innovation Conference 2019 is organised by the European Commission,
with the support of:
We’ll never misuse your data, and share them only with the service providers for the EIP Water secretariat, explicitly limited to EIP Water communication activities.
We promise to keep your data secure and to treat it with the respect it deserves.
However, if you don’t want to receive our future communications, please update your preferences. (see links at the bottom of this email)